The theme for this year’s International Volunteer Day 2018 is “Volunteers build Resilient Communities”
International Volunteer Day (IVD) 2018, an annual event on the 5 December, is a worldwide celebrations of volunteers – with a special focus on local community volunteers- who contribute in making their communities more resilient against national disasters, economic stresses and political shocks. International Volunteer Day particularly focuses on the value of volunteers in their local communities, including minorities and women.
The #IVD2018 resource center provides various graphic elements volunteer managers and Volunteer Involving Organisations need to spread the word. Check them out here.
How Can I Get Involved
- Hold a special volunteer appreciation event.
- Download the Certificate of Recognition and thank your volunteers.
- Print out the International Volunteer Day poster for your workplace.
- Print International Volunteer Day pins and share.
- Meet with other organisations in the region to ensure they are aware of IVD and have access to the toolkit.
- Offer to speak at different venues, including schools, workplace and other place of gathering.
- Contact local media and radio stations with your volunteering stories.
- Use the hashtags on social media: #ResilientCommunities #IVD2018.
- Visit the Official Event page.
- Read the 2018 State of the World’s Volunteerism Report
- Watch Olivier Adam, Executive Coordinator at UN Volunteers talk about IVD Day.