Bringing together experienced senior leaders of volunteers with entry-level managers of volunteers, this program offers both professional and personal development opportunities for passionate individuals seeking to develop their skills and careers.
The objective of the program is to strengthen the volunteering sector, build the capacity of its members and foster networking and relationships. We endeavour to support the development of specialist skills and knowledge in the volunteering sector through collaboration and the exchange of insights, experience and wisdom.
Both parties can benefit from a mentoring relationship. Typically, the mentor will benefit from:
- Developing their mentoring and leadership skills
- Strengthening relationships and expanding on their existing networks
- Making a meaningful contribution towards professionalising the volunteering sector and supporting upcoming leaders
- Gaining a sense of personal and professional satisfaction
- Staying in touch with emerging issues relevant to entry-level managers of volunteers
The mentee will benefit from:
- Connecting with an experienced leader of volunteers willing to share their insights, knowledge and expertise as a mentor
- An exchange of different ideas and resources from a mentor that is external to their organisation
- Guided reflection, debrief and communication with their mentor
- Goal setting and working towards achieving these goals
- Ongoing development of skills and knowledge specific to volunteer management
- Building confidence and leadership skills
- An expanded and highly skilled professional network
|How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 Volunteering Victoria Mentoring Program is currently closed. To register your interest for next year’s program, please email email@example.com.