If you’re feeling inspired, and you’re ready to jump into volunteering, here are a few things to consider:
- What are your interests?
- What are your motivations?
- How much time do you have?
- Are there times of the year when you may not be available?
- Do you want an ongoing commitment – or would a short-term project be more suitable for you?
- What location would suit you?
Download and complete our Volunteering Action Plan, to answer these questions and more!
Take this fun quiz created by Volunteering Canada!
Find a role!
- Ask friends and other students about their volunteering, and see if you can join them
- Ask your education institution contacts, such as your lecturers or teachers, as they may know of opportunities for you to develop your skills
- Sign up to your campus Careers Hub, to find out the latest opportunities to volunteer on or off-campus
- Start your own organisation – do you see a need? Look for like-minded people and use social media to spread your message.
- Find the volunteer support service in your local area
- Find an organisation that matches your interests or skills and apply directly – most will have a ‘Join us’ or ‘Get involved’ page on their website
- Search online volunteer recruitment websites like SEEK Volunteer
SEEK Volunteer advertises around 12,000 volunteer opportunities across Australia. To find a role that suits you, make sure you enter your location, as well as using the filtering options on the left side of the page.
This website only advertises genuine volunteer opportunities, so you know you’re in safe hands.
Need more info?
Read responses to common questions on SEEK Volunteer.
Find more advice and tips on getting started in volunteering, how it can benefit you, and what you can do.