Volunteering Victoria – the state peak body for volunteering.
We focus on advocacy, sector development and the promotion of volunteering. As the state peak body for volunteering, Volunteering Victoria has a singular and specialised focus on volunteering. We see our role as leading the development of a collaborative, sustainable, thriving volunteering community and movement in Victoria.
Membership is open to not-for-profit, community, volunteer-involving organisations, corporates and individuals with the aim of building a vibrant and diverse volunteering community that is truly representative of Victoria.
To join visit our membership portal. You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter, Volunteering Matters, and Professional Development Bulletin.
Volunteering plays a critical role in empowering individuals, in fostering active citizenship and in building inclusive and resilient communities in which we can all flourish. We know that volunteering has many benefits for individuals who volunteer, the organisations to which they contribute and society as a whole. Volunteering:
– Supports individuals’ empowerment, by providing them with an influential role in the community
– Provides a skilled and ready workforce to support the valuable work of not-for-profit organisations
– Ensures the ongoing delivery of a range of important services in our community
– Improves volunteers’ health, wellbeing and emotional resilience
– Helps build a sense of satisfaction, pride, purpose and accomplishment
– Provides a positive impact on the lives of others
– Helps develop new skills, and expands volunteers’ life and work experience, especially when formal work and education opportunities might be limited
– Helps build social networks, connectedness and community resilience
– The many positive outcomes of volunteering mean that volunteering truly:
– Is social inclusion in action
– Is community development one person at a time
– Has the power to transform lives
– Has the power to transform communities.
Yes, Volunteering Victoria provides a range of support services for volunteers.
We can help you find a volunteering role, support you when you have issues and provide advice.
Volunteering Victoria have developed a number of comprehensive guides including what to expect when you volunteer and how to connect with volunteer support organisations in your area.