Volunteering Victoria Training
Volunteering Victoria offers a number of training services to volunteer involving organisations, including local government, not-for-profits and community organizations who want to ensure up to date skills for volunteer program managers or coordinators.
Program modules include:
- Recruitment & Retention of Volunteers: How to compete in an increasingly tight market for volunteers, and how to keep them once you have them.
- Induction and Orientation of Volunteers: A crucial part of the volunteer’s experience is the induction and orientation into an organisation. This session outlines best practice step by step to help ensure organisations set the right tone at the outset of this important relationship.
- Managing Volunteers: Practical approaches to performance management and dealing with conflict, for organisations that want to invest in managing a volunteer workforce and get the best from them.
- Standards and Best Practice Frameworks: Guidance and practical application of the National Standards for Involving Volunteers in Not-for-profit Organisations.
- Establishing a Volunteer Program: Covers all aspects of establishing a volunteer program, including recruitment and retention, management and legal and regulatory requirements.
These modules are usually presented in a half day interactive session, or a full day intensive session. Options include:
- Volunteering Victoria – Check our Calendar of events for scheduled workshops and to book
- Onsite – We can conduct training at your business or organisation
- Tailored – We can tailor the above modules to better suit your needs, or include additional information.
Our fees are extremely competitive and depend on a range of factors, including your membership status, level of tailoring required and location training is to be conducted at. With tailored programs, appropriate time must be allowed between consultation and amendment of material and anticipated delivery.
Contact us to discuss your requirements, fees and bookings on 03 8327 8500.
Volunteer management training
Many Victorian volunteer support services offer professional development sessions to support people who work with volunteers and community members wishing to undertake volunteering. Peer networks also offer support and training for volunteer managers.
Training for community organisations
Information technology proficiency courses at a variety of levels from a company that specialises on serving the not-for-profit sector.
Scheduled training with a focus on fundraising and governance, plus tailored training on a range of organisational management topics.
Annual scheduled seminar series covers legal issues faced by many not-for-profit organisations, from contracts to privacy. Also a range of training options available on request, including ‘Legal issues in managing volunteers’.
An initiative of the Victorian Council of Social Services. The VCOSS Link training calendar covers various organisational management issues for community organisations.