Join a purpose-driven, dedicated small team and have a real opportunity to influence and change the peak body for volunteering in Victoria.
We value all our employees and believe your passion and commitment will make a difference to supporting volunteering in Victoria.
Some of the benefits our employees have access to include:
- Volunteering is vital to the future of Australia’s not of profit sector. You will have the opportunity to be an integral part of meaningful work that supports the sector to be the best that it can be
- As a recognised charity, you can salary package a significant portion of your earnings
- A supportive and dynamic working environment
- We are committed to work-life balance and offer a range of flexible work arrangements
- We have an ongoing commitment to the health and wellbeing. This includes, sit stand workstations, various health and wellbeing initiatives and Employee Volunteering program.
Location: West Melbourne
Organisation/Employer: Volunteering Victoria
Work type: Full-time
Salary: Annual package, leadership development
Application closing date: 2 April 2018
Classification: Executive and Senior Management
Sector: Not For Profit (NFP)
About the role:
- Inspire, advocate and drive reform in volunteering to make our communities better
- Execute the vision for a sustainable peak body for volunteering in Victoria
- Apply your commercial acumen for community good
Reporting to the Board, you will execute a refreshed strategy with a focus on sustainability by:
- Connecting stakeholders with our mission/vision/purpose
- Demonstrating sector leadership and collaboration for positive outcomes
- Leading a small team to strengthen organisational capability and cultural change
- Growing and engaging our members with enhanced services
- Diversifying income with a focus on opportunities to lift fee for service income
- Ensuring strong financial performance and sustainability
- Advocating on behalf of our members to government on sector reforms and policy change
- Leveraging stakeholder relationships with confidence and credibility
About the organisation:
Volunteering Victoria is the state peak body for volunteering and represents over 400 members. Through our leadership in volunteering, we assist to meet community needs through volunteering. We:
- Advocate on behalf of the volunteering sector
- Foster and equip members and organisations to achieve positive outcomes through volunteering
- Promote volunteering through our collective wisdom, trust and representational voice.
The successful candidate will bring:
You are an exceptional senior executive or CEO with the passion and drive to lead Volunteering Victoria to a new stage of development. Your outstanding leadership, relationship-building and strategic skills will be essential. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with business and financial management success demonstrable in a similar size organisation. You are a strong collaborator and influencer with a firm commitment to accountability. A visionary leader, you believe strongly in the value and principles of volunteering.
Apply for the job
If this role appeals to you, provide a cover letter including a concise description of how you meet the role criteria and your current CV to email@example.com