Want to make friends and influence people? Help us to elevate the role of volunteering and influence the halls of government to better support Victoria and Australia’s volunteer workforce as our Policy and Advocacy Officer.
About the Role
• Provide high level policy advice and analysis to the CEO and other stakeholders
• Develop policy positions to support our strategic priorities in collaboration with stakeholders
• Make submissions and respond to inquiries and discussion papers as they relate to the volunteering sector
• Maintain up-to-date and relevant policy content for use by members and for publication on the Volunteering Victoria website
Advocacy and Government Relations
• Develop and oversee the implementation of Volunteering Victoria’s government relations plan for the 3-tiers of government
• Prepare Volunteering Victoria’s annual State Budget submission and other relevant submissions
• Support the advocacy work of the CEO and other stakeholders
• Develop and implement advocacy campaigns to support our strategic priorities.
• Consult with members to determine research priorities
• Chair and provide leadership for the Research Roundtables
• Manage the production of the Research Digests
• Oversee skilled volunteers who will assist in research and preparing research documents
• Identify existing research to support our strategic priorities, key projects and grant applications
• Contribute to the development of new research projects in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Write and coordinate input from stakeholders to produce high quality documents, including:
• Policy papers
• Submissions, including the annual State Budget Submission
• Position statements and discussion papers
• Funding applications
• Fact sheets
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including representing Volunteering Victoria at meetings, including VCOSS Peaks, and the Victorian Volunteer Support Network (VVSN)
• Respond to stakeholder enquiries about policy, advocacy and research issues
• Provide support from time to time to Volunteering Australia’s policy and advocacy campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• A good working knowledge of and experience in relevant policy, advocacy and/or research work
• Strong analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• A demonstrated ability to meet urgent deadlines whilst contributing to a team environment
• Experience implementing campaigns or advocacy strategies
• Strong research skills
• Strong project management and organisational skills.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0383278500