Volunteers Wanted to HelpOUT
Volunteering Victoria is piloting a new service, which efficiently registers and deploys spontaneous volunteers to help in an emergency. The HelpOUT service will act as a shock absorber by registering sudden high volumes of new volunteers, and matching them to the needs of organisations working on disaster relief, recovery and preparation in affected communities.
We are now recruiting a small number of skilled volunteers to form the core HelpOUT service delivery team. These volunteers are likely to be required on a casual basis from mid to late January 2016, based at Volunteering Victoria’s office in West Melbourne. A blend of regular and flexible/episodic roles are available.
We will be seeking applications from anyone who:
- Is available on an ongoing casual basis, especially during summer
- Lives within metropolitan Melbourne (or is willing to travel into Melbourne as required)
- Is interested in learning about and supporting emergency volunteer management
- Has skills and prior experience (voluntary or paid) in any of the following areas:
- Customer service
- Call centre operations
- Team leader or supervisor role
- Volunteer management or coordination
- Small group training
- SalesForce database reporting and analysis
- Psychological First Aid or low-level counselling
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in these unique volunteer roles, please attend one of our HelpOUT Volunteer Information Sessions. These sessions will outline more details about the specific volunteer roles available, the application process, and the HelpOUT service itself.
Two information sessions will be held at The Village, NAB 700 Bourke St (between Southern Cross Station and Etihad Stadium):
- Wednesday 9 December, 1pm to 2pm
- Monday 14 December, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Places are limited, so please register your attendance at your preferred session by email at email@example.com. You can also contact Project Manager Kate Randall on (03) 8327 8501 if you have any questions.